Friday, May 22, 2009

Working out and more

I am fascinated by Craig Ballantyne and Rusty's approach to fitness. A few quick points which strike resonance with me:

1. Our bodies are designed to function with the right amount of muscle, so getting a Arnie or HHH kind of a physique, simply put, is unnatural and hard to sustain.

2. Low BF and the right amount of muscle gives you the GQ look. No girl likes going out with Val Venus but they would give an arm to go with Brad Pitt. Getting me?

3. Functional fitness is the key. What is the point of being all buffed up and yet panting while climbing a set of stairs?

I have been thinking, it has been close to 3 years since I started working out. When I lost weight and came down to 10% BF I felt more active physically. I had six pack abs and definition but not bulk. Then I consciously tried to pile on muscle and incrementally I have buffed up a bit in the upper body but I also have a spare tyre. In the process, I have lost my stamina and flexibility. Not worth it man. Go the Rusty and Ballantyne way. Strength training, HIIT and core workouts will make you functionally fit and happy. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment